Jenny Bell, Sue Cave & Jean Haig
Physical Spanish Phonics is a sounds, action and spelling system for teaching Spanish phonics through a multisensory approach. It has been developed using the award-winning concepts that featured in Physical French Phonics. The Spanish resource has been produced in conjunction with primary school children over the course of several years.
The representation of sounds through letters in any language should be seen as a code. It is hoped that Physical Spanish Phonics will provide the key needed to break this code for all learners of the Spanish language. For each phoneme, students learn an action, as well as the graphemes associated with that sound. Cheerful colourful cartoon pictures link the actions to the sounds and help to facilitate learning.
Physical Spanish Phonics contains everything you need to get started:
- The comprehensive Physical Spanish Phonics teacher's guide provides a clear step-by-step approach to introducing pupils to Spanish phonemes through clearly laid out practical advice, activities and guidance, together with photocopiable games and reference sheets
- The included CD-ROM has:
- Video clips of Spanish speakers saying the sounds and performing the action, for each sound
- Video clips of Spanish speakers saying common and key words, carefully selected to introduce all the Spanish phonemes
- Audio clips of all the phonemes and words introduced
- Attractive full-colour flashcards and resource sheets, giving you access to ready-made colourful resources for displays and games
- The files on the accompanying disc are compatible with interactive whiteboards, tablets, smartphones and computers. The disc contains everything you need to teach Spanish phonics successfully:
Physical Spanish Phonics has been developed for use with children at primary and lower secondary school (age 5 - 14, Key Stages 1, 2 and 3).
Full teaching notes are provided and this is a suitable resource for a non-specialist teacher.
This product is licensed for photocopying for educational purposes by the purchasing institution.
Paperback, 94pp, 280 x 210mm + CD-ROM