Jenny Bell, Sue Cave & Jean Haig
Physical Spanish Phonics is a sounds, action and spelling system for teaching Spanish phonics through a multisensory approach. It has been developed using the award-winning concepts that featured in Physical French Phonics. The Spanish resource has been produced in conjunction with primary school children over the course of several years.
The representation of sounds through letters in any language should be seen as a code. It is hoped that Physical Spanish Phonics will provide the key needed to break this code for all learners of the Spanish language. For each phoneme, students learn an action, as well as the graphemes associated with that sound. Cheerful colourful cartoon pictures link the actions to the sounds and help to facilitate learning.
Physical Spanish Phonics contains everything you need to get started:
- The comprehensive Physical Spanish Phonics teacher's guide provides a clear step-by-step approach to introducing pupils to Spanish phonemes through clearly laid out practical advice, activities and guidance, together with photocopiable games and reference sheets
- The included CD-ROM has:
- Video clips of Spanish speakers saying the sounds and performing the action, for each sound
- Video clips of Spanish speakers saying common and key words, carefully selected to introduce all the Spanish phonemes
- Audio clips of all the phonemes and words introduced
- Attractive full-colour flashcards and resource sheets, giving you access to ready-made colourful resources for displays and games
- The files on the accompanying disc are compatible with interactive whiteboards, tablets, smartphones and computers. The disc contains everything you need to teach Spanish phonics successfully:
Physical Spanish Phonics has been developed for use with children at primary and lower secondary school (age 5 - 14, Key Stages 1, 2 and 3).
Full teaching notes are provided and this is a suitable resource for a non-specialist teacher.
This product is licensed for photocopying for educational purposes by the purchasing institution.
Paperback, 94pp, 280 x 210mm + CD-ROM
Click on the images below to download sample activities from Physical Spanish Phonics
| || |
|Contents Page ||How to use the Interactive Files |
To download these resources, you will need to use Adobe Reader software. Adobe Reader is free software that lets you open, view, search and print PDF files. It is usually pre-installed on your computer, but if not, you can download it for free here:
Saver Delivery: £3.99 per order
Delivery within 7 working days for in-stock items. Delivery with Royal Mail or Parcelforce.
Tracked 24: £5.99 per order
Delivery within 1 - 3 working days. Delivery with Royal Mail.
Tracked 48: £4.99 per order (or FREE for orders over £50)
Delivery within 3 - 5 working days. Delivery with Royal Mail.
Parcelforce 24: £8.99 per order
Guaranteed delivery date as shown when you select this service at checkout.
Please note that all orders sent outside the UK are considered exports. We send all orders DDU (delivery duty unpaid) and you may have to pay import charges to receive your parcel, however you will not have to pay UK VAT on your order. Please check with your country's government for further details of these charges.
We deliver to most countries worldwide using a range of tracked and insured services. Our postage and packaging prices to international destinations vary depending on the total weight of your order. If you add items to your basket and select your country from the "estimate delivery" dropdown box at the bottom of the basket page, you will be able to see immediately how much it would cost to ship those items to you.
If your destination is not available in checkout, please contact us for advice.
For full details of our delivery terms, please click here.