little-linguist.co.uk is the trading website of Little Linguist Ltd (the Data Controller).
Little Linguist Ltd is registered as a Limited Company in England & Wales. Company registration number 06383898
Our Registered address: Office 6 HQ Business Centre, 237 Union Street, Plymouth, PL1 3HQ, United Kingdom
- Data Security
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Third party service providers
- Access to your information, correction and removal
- Other websites
- How to contact us
Our website is secured with a Thawte SSL123 Certificate. Thawte's SSL certificates are 256-bit encryption enabled and boast the highest level of browser compatibility in the industry. This certificate ensures that any information provided is kept private between your Web browser and our Web server.
All data processed through our website is done so through robust, reliable and highly secure servers. Our servers are provided by RapidSwitch and are located within their highly acclaimed and industry-leading data centre in Berkshire, UK. RapidSwitch provide world-class resilient infrastructure with multiple levels of security, including 24 hour monitoring, CCTV, and restricted access.
Personal information collected as part of the ordering process is held on these secure servers and will never be used in any way other than to fulfil your order and ask for feedback.
We do not collect, store or process your payment details: this service is carried out by our third party payment providers SagePay and PayPal. For more details on secure payments click here.
When you create an account or place an order on our website, we collect information about you including the following:
- E-Mail Address
- Company Name (if applicable)
- Billing Address
- Delivery Address
- Telephone Number
- IP address & Country Location
- Type of device used to access our website (desktop, mobile or tablet)
- Browser used to access our website
- Payment method
- Order value
- Comments made when ordering
- Products ordered
If you make an online payment using a credit or debit card, information about your credit / debit card is encrypted and is not stored on our servers. All card processing functions are provided by our third party payment providers (either Stripe or PayPal).
We also collect information when you provide feedback, contact us using forms on our website, submit reviews and participate in competitions.
Website usage information is collected using cookies.
We collect information about you to process your order and manage your account. As part of the order process, we will email you to confirm your order, as well as to provide updates on the status of your order. We will also contact you within 28 days of delivery of your order to check that you are fully satisfied with the products and service that you have received from us.
If you have provided a telephone number, we may contact you by telephone if it is necessary to communicate information about your order. We will never telephone you for marketing purposes.
If you commence the checkout process on our website but do not complete the checkout process, we may email you within 48 hours of your visit to alert you to the fact that you did not successfully place an order with us and to invite you to complete the checkout process.
If you give consent, we may email you about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you. You can opt out of marketing emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email, or by contacting us here.
We may use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website.
Little Linguist Ltd will never rent, sell or otherwise share your personal information for marketing purposes with third parties.
In processing your order, it is necessary to share some of your personal information with third parties for the sole purpose of fulfilling your order. Other than our third party service providers shown below we will not share your personal information with anyone else unless we are required to do so by law, for example by a court order, for tax purposes, or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
We will pass your information to our third party service providers for the purpose of completing our contract (order) with you, however, we will share only the personal information that is wholly relevant necessary to process and successfully deliver your order.
We undertake regular reviews of our third party service providers' own Privacy Policies to ensure that we are fully satisfied that they will keep your information secure. They will never use your personal details for their own direct marketing purposes.
Our Third Party Service Providers include:
- Stripe - Used to process your debit / credit card payment. Full Name, Billing Address, Delivery Address and Telephone Number (if provided) will be shared. In addition your IP Address will also be shared for Fraud Prevention purposes.
- PayPal - Used to process your debit / credit card payment. Full Name, Billing Address, Delivery Address and Telephone Number (if provided) will be shared. In addition, your IP Address will also be shared for Fraud Prevention purposes.
- Royal Mail - One of our delivery partners who may deliver your order*. Full Name and Delivery Address will be shared. Occasionally we may also share your Telephone Number (if provided) and Email Address, to enable you to receive delivery updates direct from Royal Mail.
- Parcelforce - One of our delivery partners who may deliver your order*. Full Name and Delivery Address will be shared. We will also share your Telephone Number (if provided) and Email Address, to enable you to receive delivery updates direct from Parcelforce.
- DPD - One of our delivery partners who may deliver your order*. Full Name and Delivery Address will be shared. We will also share your Telephone Number (if provided) and Email Address, to enable you to receive delivery updates direct from DPD.
- UKMail / DHL Parcels - One of our delivery partners who may deliver your order*. Full Name and Delivery Address will be shared. We will also share your Telephone Number (if provided) and Email Address, to enable you to receive delivery updates direct from UKMail / DHL.
- QuickBooks - Used for our accounting purposes. Full Name, Billing Address and Delivery Address will be shared, together with your VAT number (if applicable) and full details of the contents and value your order.
- HelpScout - Help desk software used to process our customer service emails. Any emails that you send to us are processed through them and stored on their servers.
- ZenDesk Chat (Formerly Zopim) - Live chat software used on our website. If you initiate contact with us using the chat widget on our website, any data sent will be processed by them and stored on their servers.
- MailChimp - Software used as our email marketing automation platform. We only use this service if you have given consent. Any personal information that you provide when you subcribe will be transferred to them for processing and stored on their servers.
- Facebook Connect - We provide the option for you use your Facebook login details during our checkout. This will enable us to access your Facebook personal information to populate our site's account fields, speeding up the checkout process for you and avoiding the need for you to create a new password to use our site.
*If you are placing an order for an overseas destination, our delivery partners will usually use a third party company to deliver mail on their behalf in your own country. Your personal details will be passed to these delivery agents as necessary to deliver your order.
Little Linguist Ltd will never share your personal information for marketing purposes with third parties.
You can choose to receive information about our products and services which may be of interest to you by opting in to our email newsletters. You can subscribe here. If you consent to receive marketing, you may opt out at any time.
You have a right at any time to ask us to stop contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer which to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe using the link in the footer of our marketing emails, or you can contact us by clicking here.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us here or write to us at the following address:
Little Linguist Ltd, Office 6 HQ Business Centre, 237 Union Street, Plymouth, PL1 3HQ, United Kingdom
The information that you have requested will be provided within 30 days and we do not charge for this service.
The accuracy of your information is important to us; you may ask us to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate.
Under Article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) everyone has the right to be forgotten on websites. If you wish to deregister from our website please contact us here. Please be aware that although you will no longer be registered and we will remove all of your personal data that we can, your details will still remain on any orders you have placed due to VAT regulations. By law, we must retain VAT and accounting records for at least six years from the date of creation.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. Often encrypted, they are used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity; they cannot be used to identify you personally and can't harm your computer or mobile device. Their use is standard practice for almost all websites and, in the case of an e-commerce site such as this one, they are essential to allow the site to function correctly when shopping online.
You can adjust your browser settings to disable cookies if you prefer.
If you don't wish to enable cookies you will be unable to shop online with us as the website cannot function correctly. However, you'll still be able to browse the website and use it for research purposes.
Little Linguist Ltd, Office 6 HQ Business Centre, 237 Union Street, Plymouth, PL1 3HQ, United Kingdom