Jean Haig & Sue Cave
3rd Edition (2022)
Physical French Phonics is an award-winning tried-and-tested multisensory approach to teaching French phonics using sounds, actions and spelling. It has been developed over several years in conjunction with primary school children and their teachers. This resource is particularly unique in that most of the actions have been suggested by the young learners themselves. Through consultation and practice, these actions are the agreed perceptions of the sounds, from learners new to the French language.
The representation of sounds through letters in any language should be seen as a code. It is hoped that Physical French Phonics
will provide the key needed to break this code for all learners of the French language.
Physical French Phonics contains everything you need to get started:
- The comprehensive Physical French Phonics teacher's guide provides a clear step-by-step approach to introducing pupils to French phonemes through clearly laid out practical advice, activities and guidance, together with photocopiable games and reference sheets
- The included USB drive has:
- Video clips of French speakers saying the sounds and performing the action, for each sound
- Video clips of French speakers saying common and key words, carefully selected to introduce all the French phonemes
- Audio clips of all the phonemes and words introduced
- Attractive full-colour flashcards and resource sheets, giving you access to ready-made colourful resources for displays and games
- Interactive whiteboard files for all the phonemes so, once you understand the system, you can make your own phonic resources to accompany any topic.
Physical French Phonics has been developed for use with children at primary and lower secondary school (age 5 - 14, Key Stages 1, 2 and 3).
Full teaching notes are provided and this is a suitable resource for a non-specialist teacher.
This product is licensed for photocopying for educational purposes by the purchasing institution.
Paperback, 79ppx 297 x 210mm + USB Drive
Saver Delivery: £3.99 per order
Delivery within 7 working days for in-stock items. Delivery with Royal Mail or Parcelforce.
Tracked 24: £5.99 per order
Delivery within 1 - 3 working days. Delivery with Royal Mail.
Tracked 48: £4.99 per order (or FREE for orders over £50)
Delivery within 3 - 5 working days. Delivery with Royal Mail.
Parcelforce 24: £8.99 per order
Guaranteed delivery date as shown when you select this service at checkout.
Please note that all orders sent outside the UK are considered exports. We send all orders DDU (delivery duty unpaid) and you may have to pay import charges to receive your parcel, however you will not have to pay UK VAT on your order. Please check with your country's government for further details of these charges.
We deliver to most countries worldwide using a range of tracked and insured services. Our postage and packaging prices to international destinations vary depending on the total weight of your order. If you add items to your basket and select your country from the "estimate delivery" dropdown box at the bottom of the basket page, you will be able to see immediately how much it would cost to ship those items to you.
If your destination is not available in checkout, please contact us for advice.
For full details of our delivery terms, please click here.