Jean Haig & Sue Cave
Physical French Phonics is an award-winning tried-and-tested multisensory approach to teaching French phonics using sounds, actions and spelling. It has been developed over several years in conjunction with primary school children and their teachers. This resource is particularly unique in that most of the actions have been suggested by the young learners themselves. Through consultation and practice, these actions are the agreed perceptions of the sounds, from learners new to the French language.
The representation of sounds through letters in any language should be seen as a code. It is hoped that Physical French Phonics
will provide the key needed to break this code for all learners of the French language.
Physical French Phonics contains everything you need to get started:
- The comprehensive Physical French Phonics teacher's guide provides a clear step-by-step approach to introducing pupils to French phonemes through clearly laid out practical advice, activities and guidance, together with photocopiable games and reference sheets
- The included CD-ROM has:
- Video clips of French speakers saying the sounds and performing the action, for each sound
- Video clips of French speakers saying common and key words, carefully selected to introduce all the French phonemes
- Audio clips of all the phonemes and words introduced
- Attractive full-colour flashcards and resource sheets, giving you access to ready-made colourful resources for displays and games
- Interactive whiteboard files for all the phonemes so, once you understand the system, you can make your own phonic resources to accompany any topic.
Physical French Phonics has been developed for use with children at primary and lower secondary school (age 5 - 14, Key Stages 1, 2 and 3).
Full teaching notes are provided and this is a suitable resource for a non-specialist teacher.
This product is licensed for photocopying for educational purposes by the purchasing institution.
Paperback, 802pp, 280 x 210mm + CD-ROM