Moira Butterfield / Illus. Harriet Lynas
Welcome to our World is a beautifully illustrated celebration of children everywhere! Children all over the world are very different, but they also have much in common too! Find out how children live all around the world in this beautifully illustrated book packed full of fun facts.
In this wonderful book, young children can learn all about what people in other countries eat, wear and play, and how they speak and celebrate. From breakfasts to birthdays, cakes to clothes, and hiccups to hellos, there are so many ways to say and do things – but everyone shares a love of family, friends, food and fun. This delightful book teaches us that despite different languages, customs and traditions, it really is a small world, after all.
- Hello.... Ways to greet friends
- My name is...... Names in different countries
- Good morning, world!..... Breakfast in different countries
- Home sweet home!.... Where people live
- Hello, Nonna!..... Names for your family members
- Animal friends... Pets around the planet
- Be happy!......Words to say when you're smiling
- Time to go to school..... Journeys in different countries
- Dressed for school..... School uniforms around the world
- My classroom..... Where we learn around the world
- Thirsty?..... Drinks around the world
- Words for hooray!.......Cheering words
- Top to toe........ Clothes for your head and feet
- Mac, mac, bun!..... Animals noises around the world
- Join the world band..... Playing music
- My tummy's rumbling!....Lunchtime around the world
- Stop ironing my head!.... Sayings around the world
- Atishoo!....... Words for sneezing
Welcome to our World is an ideal book to develop intercultural understanding and to encourage children to acknowledge and appreciate languages and cultures besides their own.
Suggested age range: 4 - 9 years
Hardcover, 64pp, 255 x 295 mm