Teaching English as an Additional Language 5 - 11: A whole school resource file has been developed to support every 5 - 11 year old child that is new to the English language, who is beginning their education in an English-speaking mainstream curriculum. It provides teachers with the tools required to support young learners' survival language needs and helps them to achieve a smooth, easy transition into their new learning environment.
Packed full of advice, guidance, resources and support for teachers of English-language beginners in a mainstream English-speaking school, it also includes:
- 68 flexible sessions in which children will learn survival language
- A DVD to support each session, which contains visuals of commonly-used vocabulary
- Audio examples of English-language word pronunciation and sentence structures
- Fully downloadable worksheets and lesson plans
The text offers expert guidance on:
- Strategies to help EAL new arrivals embrace their new cultural experience
- How to assess new arrivals' English-language skills
- Teaching EAL pupils to use a second language
- Delivering survival language intervention sessions
- Developing effective language-learning strategies
- Resources that you use to support EAL new arrivals
- Evaluating EAL provision for new arrivals and setting targets for whole-school improvement
Guidance for Use
This flexible and user-friendly whole-school resource can be used with the English National Curriculum, International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme, the International Primary Curriculum, and other English speaking curricula. It will be a must-have for all schools looking to support newly arrived children with speaking English as an additional language.
For use with children aged 5 - 11 (EY, KS1 & KS2)
Pack (multi-format), 502 pages
Saver Delivery: £3.99 per order
Delivery within 7 working days for in-stock items. Delivery with Royal Mail or Parcelforce.
Tracked 24: £5.99 per order
Delivery within 1 - 3 working days. Delivery with Royal Mail.
Tracked 48: £4.99 per order (or FREE for orders over £50)
Delivery within 3 - 5 working days. Delivery with Royal Mail.
Parcelforce 24: £8.99 per order
Guaranteed delivery date as shown when you select this service at checkout.
Please note that all orders sent outside the UK are considered exports. We send all orders DDU (delivery duty unpaid) and you may have to pay import charges to receive your parcel, however you will not have to pay UK VAT on your order. Please check with your country's government for further details of these charges.
We deliver to most countries worldwide using a range of tracked and insured services. Our postage and packaging prices to international destinations vary depending on the total weight of your order. If you add items to your basket and select your country from the "estimate delivery" dropdown box at the bottom of the basket page, you will be able to see immediately how much it would cost to ship those items to you.
If your destination is not available in checkout, please contact us for advice.
For full details of our delivery terms, please click here.