Sinéad Leleu / Beln De Vincente Fisher
Spanish Pen Pals Made Easy provides an easy way for pupils to communicate in Spanish with other Spanish speakers. It contains fill-in-the-gap letters, so even pupils just beginning to learn Spanish can have the satisfaction of being able to communicate effectively in Spanish.
For the teacher, Spanish Pen Pals Made Easy:
- Does not require fluency
- Is time-saving - little or no preparation is required. English translations of the letters are included, as are lists of vocabulary, key grammar points and extension ideas
- Links with the KS2 Framework for language teaching
- Has inherent cross-curricular links to geography, history and ICT
- Supplements, consolidates and revised course work.
For the pupil, Spanish Pen Pals Made Easy:
- Is easy to follow
- Is realistic. The pupil realizes that Spanish can be used for real-life communication and not just in an artificial situation
- Instills confidence. they can communicate effectively at a basic level
- Helps to foster positive attitudes towards foreign language learning
- Facilitates intercultural understanding. The pupil can learn about Spanish culture through a Spanish peer
- And, of course, it is a fun and wonderful way to make a new friend!
Guidance for Use
Spanish Pen Pals Made Easy has been developed for use with children at primary school or early lower secondary school (KS2 - KS3).
Full teaching notes are provided and this is a suitable resource for a non-specialist teacher.
This product is licensed for photocopying for educational purposes by the purchasing institution.
For use with KS2 / KS3
Paperback, 60pp, 280 x 210mm