This series of Spanish Theme Days, by La Jolie Ronde, is a brand new and unique set of resources that enable the entire school to join in a fun and worthwhile language-learning activity.
There are no specialist language skills required plus the work is already planned and prepared by age group, giving all teachers across the school support to provide a complete day's work.
Each theme starts with an assembly which brings all pupils together to introduce the topic, the children then return at the end of the day to share their successes and showcase their developing language skills.
- Resource CD of images, vocabulary, flashcards, games & curriculum-linked activities, some real life video clips
- CD of songs and poems, performed by native speakers
- Photocopiable teachers notes
Olympics Theme Day
Examples of activities included in this resource include:
- Learn about the history of the games
- Mini Olympics event includes templates for passes and ideas for certificates
- Templates for coloured flashcards of the events
- Role-play activities
- 3 board games to revise language learning
Guidance for Use
Spanish Theme Days - Olympics is a suitable resource for a non-specialist teacher and has been developed to use with the whole primary school (ages 5 - 11).