This series of Spanish Theme Days, by La Jolie Ronde, is a brand new and unique set of resources that enable the entire school to join in a fun and worthwhile language-learning activity.
There are no specialist language skills required plus the work is already planned and prepared by age group, giving all teachers across the school support to provide a complete day's work.
Each theme starts with an assembly which brings all pupils together to introduce the topic, the children then return at the end of the day to share their successes and showcase their developing language skills.
- Resource CD of images, vocabulary, flashcards, games & curriculum-linked activities, some real life video clips
- CD of songs and poems, performed by native speakers
- Photocopiable teachers notes
Around my School Theme Day
Examples of activities included in this resource include:
- Video clips of Spanish school-children, showing us their school
- Typical Spanish playground games
- School treasure hunt
- Fun non-uniform day activity to reinforce items of clothing and colours.
Guidance for Use
Spanish Theme Days - Around my School is a suitable resource for a non-specialist teacher and has been developed to use with the whole primary school (ages 5 - 11).