by La Jolie Ronde is a brand new and unique resource for introducing languages to Foundation Stage 2 and Key Stage 1. It provides the perfect solution for introducing some of the different languages and cultures from around the world.
Written by Rachel Redfearn, MFL Adviser, Wakefield LA – the scheme will support the non-specialist & is equally good as a guide to aid the expert language teacher. Little Languages enables you to start teaching straightaway!
- Activities demonstrated in French and Spanish
- Additional vocabulary & songs in Italian and Chinese, as well as Indian & African languages
- Includes fun, play-based activities including IWB material
- Real life DVD clips featuring children from around the world
- Written to make links with early learning goals relating to the 6 areas of learning
- 5-10 minute pre-prepared sessions
- Play-based activities such as action songs, playground games, listening to stories, simple sorting activities
- Children can ‘see’ how other children live around the world eg. How they meet & greet, how their classroom looks, foods they might eat
Years 1 and 2
- 10-20 minute adaptable activities
- Play-based activities including patterns, listening to music, dancing and role play
- Focus on cultural diversity through food, dance and celebrations
- Introduction of 1 or 2 ‘two word phrases’ to assist in performing a simple role play
Product contains detailed lesson plans in a sturdy ring binder & software featuring:
- Lesson plans
- IWB activities and games
- Colourful classroom wall frieze (5 x 2m lengths)
- DVD clips
Also includes French and Spanish traditional and original songs plus songs from other languages.
Guidance for Use
Little Languages in an introduction to languages for 4 - 7 year old (Early Years and KS1). It is a suitable resource for a non-specialist teacher.
Saver Delivery: £3.99 per order
Delivery within 7 working days for in-stock items. Delivery with Royal Mail or Parcelforce.
Tracked 24: £5.99 per order
Delivery within 1 - 3 working days. Delivery with Royal Mail.
Tracked 48: £4.99 per order (or FREE for orders over £50)
Delivery within 3 - 5 working days. Delivery with Royal Mail.
Parcelforce 24: £8.99 per order
Guaranteed delivery date as shown when you select this service at checkout.
Please note that all orders sent outside the UK are considered exports. We send all orders DDU (delivery duty unpaid) and you may have to pay import charges to receive your parcel, however you will not have to pay UK VAT on your order. Please check with your country's government for further details of these charges.
We deliver to most countries worldwide using a range of tracked and insured services. Our postage and packaging prices to international destinations vary depending on the total weight of your order. If you add items to your basket and select your country from the "estimate delivery" dropdown box at the bottom of the basket page, you will be able to see immediately how much it would cost to ship those items to you.
If your destination is not available in checkout, please contact us for advice.
For full details of our delivery terms, please click here.