Jumpstart! French and German presents a wide variety of simple, easy-to-use, multi-sensory games and activities that will jumpstart students’ understanding of modern languages in action. Although examples are given in French and German, you could use the ideas in this book to teach any foreign language to students of any age, although the activities have been developed to particularly suit 7 - 12 year olds.
The book starts by giving you lots of great ideas to help you set the scene in your language classroom. These are followed by lots of short and simple activities designed to help you make quick starts with your students and keep them engaged. Specifically written to help teachers work within the guidelines of the new curriculum, activities in the book will help pupils to:
Jumpstart! French and German
- Listen, respond and understand key elements of the target language
- Speak in phrases and sentences with correct pronunciation
- Express and communicate simple ideas with clarity
- Write phrases and short sentences
- Develop an understanding of basic grammar
- Learn songs and simple poems in the language studied
- Engage in active learning through a range of varied activities.
has been developed for use with children aged 7 - 12 years (Key Stage 2 and lower Key Stage 3) who are learning either French or German as beginners. There is a good level of support for the non-specialist teacher with examples given in both French and German throughout.
Paperback, 214pp, 145 x 210 mm