OverviewFrench in the Primary Classroom
is an ideas and activities resource for primary teachers and teaching assistants, regardless of their linguistic competence or prior experience of language teaching.Angela McLachlan
presents a resource bank of games and activities to enhance the teaching and learning experience, to engage and motivate the young learner, and to promote sound language learning in the primary classroom.
The games and activities promote:
- Oracy (listening, speaking and spoken interaction)
- Literacy (reading and writing)
- Knowledge about language
- Intercultural understanding
- Language-learning strategies
Purchase of this book provides free access to downloadable resources including:
- worksheets to accompany the suggested activities
- an audio pronunciation guide - suitable for assisting both pupils and non-specialist teachers
- a vocabulary bank
Guidance for Use
French in the Primary Classroom has been developed for teachers who are delivering MFL lessons to primary school children (5 - 11 year olds). It is suitable for both specialist and non-specialist teachers.
Paperback, 168 pages, 190 x 245mm