Take 10 en español is a resource that helps primary school children to practise their Spanish in a fun way whilst taking part in short tasks of daily physical activity. In doing so it brings together two major educational initiatives and offers the potential to significantly improve children's learning potential. A follow up to Take 10 en français, Take 10 en español has all the features plus extra dance section with Salsa and Flamenco.
Take 10 en español is based on the highly sucessful resource pack Take 10 - Fit to Succeed, a collection of great ideas to get primary children active for short 10-minute periods and now used in many schools across the country. Take 10 en español takes many of the ideas from the original resource and adapts these to support the teaching of Spanish.
Teachers do not need a high level of linguistic competence to use the resources; the activity rhymes can be used without the teacher having to speak any Spanish at all. The resource pack consists of:
A bilingual book containing:
- Spanish Activities set out alongside the original English text
- The texts of Action Rhymes and Songs with details of how to use them in the classroom
- Guidance on how to best use the resources
Two DVDs featuring:
- Action Rhymes performed by small groups of school children to a musical soundtrack and lyrics sung by native speakers
- Hispanic dances (Salsa and Flamenco dancing).
Three Audio CDs containing:
- Original soundtracks for the Action Rhymes
- Karaoke CD for the action rhymes songs
- Instructions for each of the activities recorded by native Spanish speakers to help teachers with their pronunciation
Guidance for Use
Developed for use with children aged 3 -11 who are beginners to the Spanish language. There are separate activities for Foundation, Key Stage 1, Lower Key Stage 2 and Upper Key Stage 2.
This is a suitable resource for a non-specialist teacher.
Spiral Bound Paperback, 114pp, 145 x 190mm