Sinéad Leleu & Belén de Vicente Fisher
Spanish Pen Pals Made Easy- KS3 Edition provides an easy way for Key Stage 3 pupils to communicate in Spanish with other Spanish speakers. It contains fill-in-the-gap letters covering popular topics, so even pupils just beginning to learn Spanish can have the satisfaction of being able to communicate effectively in Spanish.
For the teacher, Spanish Pen Pals Made Easy, KS3:
- Does not require fluency
- Is time-saving – little or no preparation is required. English translations of the letters are included, as are lists of vocabulary, key grammar points and extension ideas
- Links with the KS2 Framework for language teaching
- Has inherent cross-curricular links to geography, history and ICT
- Supplements, consolidates and revised course work.
For the pupil, Spanish Pen Pals Made Easy KS3 Edition
- Is easy to follow
- Is realistic. The pupil realizes that Spanish can be used for real-life communication and not just in an artificial situation
- Instills confidence. they can communicate effectively at a basic level
- Helps to foster positive attitudes towards foreign language learning
- Facilitates intercultural understanding. The pupil can learn about Spanish culture through a Spanish peer
- And, of course, it is a fun and wonderful way to make a new friend!
Guidance for Use
Spanish Pen Pals Made Easy KS3 Edition has been developed for use with KS3 children (ages 11 - 14). Full teaching notes are provided.
This product is licensed for photocopying for educational purposes by the purchasing institution.
Paperback, 60pp, 280 x 210mm