Stephanie Byrne & Ann Wainwright
The LCP New Generation Primary French Resource Files have been specially written to give the non-specialist all the confidence and support they need to cover the new QCA units.
The LCP New Generation Primary French Resource Files will provide teachers with all the plans and ideas they need to ensure that the KS2 Framework for Languages and the new QCA Schemes of Work for French, including the new topics, are covered.
LCP New Generation Primary French Resource File 1 is for beginners and covers two years' lessons (ideal for years 3 & 4, though suitable for beginners of any age, including year 5 or 6 beginners), and File 2 follows on.
The package comprises:
- A file of lesson plans, medium term plans and activity sheets that will save you hours of preparation time
- Two CDs featuring:
- Picture Bank - a wide variety of animated, interactive slides with vocabulary read aloud by a native speaker, perfect for a whiteboard and ideal for introducing and revising a topic
- FlashPics - 100 electronic flashcards for teaching essential vocabulary. Can be printed out to use in games
- a pronunciation guide, read aloud by native speakers, offering vital support for the non-specialist
- a number of French songs, all with karaoke versions that you can sing along to
- an electronic version of the whole file, including the activity sheets
Try it! - Download Sample Lessons Click here for a sample lesson Units Featured in this file (based on the NEW QCA KS2 French Scheme of Work, Units 1 - 12):
- Unit 1: Moi (All about me)
- Unit 2: Jeux et chansons (Games and songs)
- Unit 3: On fait la fête (Celebrations)
- Unit 4: Portraits
- Unit 5: Les quatre amis (The four friends)
- Unit 6: Ça pousse! (Growing things)
- Unit 7: On y va (All aboard)
- Unit 8: L'argent de poche (Pocket money)
- Unit 9: Raconte-moi une histoire!
- Unit 10: Vive le sport! (Our sporting lives)
- Unit 11: Le Carnaval des animaux ('Carnival of the Animals')
- Unit 12: Quel temps fait-il? (What's the weather like?)
(Units 13 - 24 are featured in Resource File 2 )
Guidance for Use
Full teaching notes are provided and this is a suitable resource for a non-specialist teacher.
For use with KS2, ideal for years 3 and 4 (age 7 - 9), though suitable for beginners of any age, including year 5 or 6 beginners.
Ringbinder + 2 CDs
This product is licensed for whole-site use by the purchasing institution.