Susan Thomas with Hilary McColl
Ici On Parle Français Primary Version is a printable resource focusing on the use of classroom talk for real purposes. Do our pupils want to communicate? Of course they do! Just listen to them as they come into the classroom and settle down. If we let them, they would never stop talking! This urge to communicate is a resource that we can use to good effect in the classroom.
Emphasis is firmly on involving all learners in what they want and need to say, using language for a real purpose. This resource takes the pressure off the non-specialist teacher, by providing suggestions for a very straightforward way of introducing the language gradually and is excellent preparation for a study of formal grammar. Includes hundreds of appealing cartoon illustrations and gameboards, with many suggestions for multi-sensory activities and games.
- Pupil language Asking for what you need
- Making excuses - no homework
- Asking permission
- Asking for information
- Explaining the problem
- Making polite requests
- Giving opinions in the classroom
- Talking about: body and health; the weather; school clothes; classroom items; ICT; school day and subjects furniture and fittings
- Talking about bookbags and reading
- Talking about snacktime, giving opinions
- Talking about volunteering Talking about being a monitor
- Talking about school clothes and PE
Teacher and pupil language
- Talking about: Settling in What we’re going to be doing to be doing
- Setting up the classroom
- Understanding instructions
- Finishing the lesson
- Giving encouragement, praise, rewards and incentives
- Ça va? Self evaluation
Ici On Parle Français Primary Version has been especially developed for use with children at primary school who are at a beginner to intermediate level of French. It contains a selection of units from the original Ici On Parle Français resource, including units that are particularly applicable to the primary classroom. It is supplied in one 114-page resource in pdf format on CD-ROM - just print the pages you need!
This product is licensed for unlimited printing for educational purposes by the purchasing institution.
This resource is intended for use with children from ages 7-11 (KS2).