The Catherine Cheater Schemes of Work
Catherine's widely acclaimed Schemes of Work for French are being used in primary schools the length and breadth of England. Written for language learners in the primary school, these innovative and easily adaptable schemes progressively develop children's language learning skills and reinforce their literacy.
The schemes are easy to follow with step by step guides and comprehensive language support for specialist and non-specialist teachers alike. The lesson plans, challenging and fun, can be copied and adapted to meet the school's particular needs.
The Catherine Cheater Scheme of Work for French (Year 5)
The Scheme of Work comprises:
- 30 easy to follow and fully adaptable lesson plans with guidance, including rhymes, songs, games, memorisation techniques & language learning strategies.
- age-appropriate activities linked fully to the primary curriculum
- a variety of practice parcel containing short 5 minute lessons designed for the non-specialist teacher and class teacher alike
- suggested modes of delivery
- useful websites and guide to authentic resources
The scheme comes with a CD ROM comprising:
- the full scheme in WORD format
- guidance and language support
- sound files of French pronunciation
- a bank of photos
- power point presentations
- glossary of useful French phrases
This highly acclaimed Scheme of Work:
- saves you lots of planning and preparation time
- will engage and excite your children
- provides stimulating, enjoyable and challenging lessons
- reinforces and enhances literacy
- provides opportunities for regular language practice
- opens windows onto other cultures
A structured reading scheme has been included in the Scheme of Work for Year 5. Teachers may choose whether to use Méthode de lecture pour apprendre à lire pas à pas
or Le Manuel Phonique
. Two sets of lesson plans and parcels are included on the Scheme of Work CD, together with voice recordings of all key language within each reading scheme, in the form of easy-to-use PowerPoint presentations.
Guidance for Use
This scheme of work has been developed for use with children in Year 5 (age 9 - 10). Full teaching notes are provided and this is a suitable resource for a non-specialist teacher.
This product is licensed for photocopying for educational purposes by the purchasing institution.