The Catherine Cheater Schemes of Work for French
Catherine Cheater's widely acclaimed Schemes of Work for French are being used in primary schools the length and breadth of England. Written for language learners in the primary school, these innovative and easily adaptable schemes progressively develop children's language learning skills and reinforce their literacy. The schemes are easy to follow with step by step guides and comprehensive language support for specialist and non-specialist teachers alike. The lesson plans, challenging and fun, can be copied and adapted to meet the school's particular needs.
The Catherine Cheater Scheme of Work for French - Year 3 comprises:
- 30 easy to follow and fully adaptable lesson plans with guidance, including rhymes, songs, games, memorisation techniques & language learning strategies.
- age-appropriate activities linked fully to the primary curriculum
- a variety of practice parcel containing short 5 minute lessons designed for the non-specialist teacher and class teacher alike
- suggested modes of delivery
- useful websites and guide to authentic resources
The scheme comes with a CD ROM comprising:
- the full scheme in WORD format allowing teachers to fully customise the text.
- guidance and language support
- sound files of French pronunciation
- a bank of photos (Paris)
- power point presentations (paintings of Renoir and Monet, dictionary skills)
- glossary of useful French phrases
- web links
N.B. The contents of the CD-ROM may be copied for use by the purchasing institution.
This highly acclaimed Scheme of Work:
- saves you lots of planning and preparation time
- will engage and excite your children
- provides stimulating, enjoyable and challenging lessons
- reinforces and enhances literacy
- provides opportunities for regular language practice
- opens windows onto other cultures
In Year 3, children will…
- learn a small amount of vocabulary including nouns, verbs, adjectives and a conjunction
- recognise certain phonemes when they hear them, and identify the graphemes that can be used to represent them
- create simple spoken and written sentences, e.g.
- Voici un chat rouge et un chien bleu.
- Je mets un pantalon jaune et un pull vert.
- memorise and recite a bank of finger rhymes
- listen to stories and become familiar with stories known and loved by French children (recommended story books are purchased separately)
- listen to and sing along with traditional French folk songs (recommended resources are purchased separately)
- listen to and sing along with songs by the popular singer Henri Dès (recommended resources are purchased separately)
- become familiar with the works of the painters Renoir and Monet and the music of the composer Debussy
- become familiar with the city of Paris by regularly looking at photographs on PowerPoint slides, and using webcams to make virtual visits
The Catherine Cheater Scheme of Work for French - Year 3 has been developed for use with complete beginners in their first year of learning French. Year 3 pupils are 7 - 8 years old; if starting this scheme with older beginners, it is still recommended to start with the Year 3 file, however you may find that progress is made more quickly.
This product, including the contents of the CD-Rom, is licensed for photocopying / reproduction for educational purposes by the purchasing institution only.