Bringing Spanish to Life is a photocopiable resource that provides a cross-curricular approach to teaching Spanish in primary schools, combining art, design and foreign languages with various aspects of the National Curriculum such as Literacy, Numeracy and PE.
This unique practical resource comprises an engaging storyline about a day in the life of two Spanish children and gives an opportunity for learners to re-enact their day, using finger puppets, crafts and exciting games to practise new language. Each of the 14 sections begins with a short accessible dialogue in Spanish and is followed by suggestions for using the new vocabulary in pairs, small groups or as a whole class.
- ¡Bienvenido a la familia López! Welcome to the López family!
- ¿Qué hora es? What time is it?
- Me levanto I get up
- El desayuno Breakfast
- El picnic The picnic
- ¡Feliz cumpleaños! Happy birthday!
- Los animales The animals
- En el bosque In the wood
- El cobertizo The shed
- Los insectos Insects
- Los deportes Sport
- ¿Qué tiempo hace? What’s the weather like?
- Objetos perdidos Lost property
- ¡Buen provecho! Enjoy your meal!
The main story is accompanied by fun craft activities linked to the story (one for each section) for children to create in class using the templates and instructions provided. A wide range of further activities follows, consisting of lively games, songs and opportunities to communicate simple ideas. Language extensions are suggested, focussing on imaginative writing and reading ideas linked to the theme of each section.
Written to support the new foreign languages programme of study the book also includes:
Bringing Spanish to Life
- Cross-curricular links to numerous subjects including Literacy, Numeracy, PE and ICT
- Classroom games and activities
- Photocopiable resources and templates for fun classroom activities and projects
- Language extension activities that extend the target language in a relevant context through a variety of methods.
has been developed for use with children aged 5 - 11 years (Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2) who are learning Spanish as beginners. There is a good level of support for the non-specialist teacher.
Paperback, 112pp, 210 x 295 mm