Designed by mums for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers, babyboomboom ® is a musical, fun and participative way to familiarise your child with a second language.
- Simple and fun songs and rhymes in English and Gaelic (Scottish)
- Familiarise yourselves with simple sounds and repeat them
- Don't wait until they start school - give your child a headstart in life!
The CD features well-known nursery rhymes and songs sung in English and Scottish Gaelic. Each verse of the song or rhyme is first sung or spoken in English and then is repeated in Scottish Gaelic. Please note that in order to fit the words to the music, sometimes the Scottish Gaelic. verses are not an exact word-for-word translation of the English.
Printed lyrics in both languages are included with the CD. Songs include:
- Old MacDonald
- Five Little Ducks
- Sing a rainbow
- The Mulberry Bush
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- This Little Piggy
- Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
- Itzy Bitzy Spider
- Round and Round the Garden
- Tommy Thumb
- One, two, three, four, five
- The Alphabet Song
- Brother John
- The Wheels on the Bus
- London Bridge
- If you’re happy and you know it
babyboomboom ® - Fun Songs in English and Scottish Gaelic is suitable for use by a parent and baby with no previous knowledge of Scottish Gaelic. The songs aren't necessarily intended to teach specific Scottish Gaelic words and phrases but more to introduce young children to the sounds of another language.
Audio CD (30 mins approx)