Illus. Francesca Gambatesa
Collins Very First Irish Words
is the perfect first picture dictionary for young learners of Irish, aged 3 - 6. Packed full of fun and useful everyday vocabulary, this beautifully illustrated dictionary will capture the imagination of young children and encourage a love for learning Irish.
- The dictionary contains 35 themes, each fully illustrated with fun and engaging scenarios.
- Three characters, Ben, Daisy and Keekee the monkey, guide the children through the dictionary
- Each page includes activities to inspire young learners
- Includes the 300 most important Irish words
- Audio for every word in the book helps children with their pronunciation of Irish words
- The alphabet
- Colours and shapes
- Food & Drink (including traditional Irish foods)
- Weather and seasons
Collins Very First Irish Words is suitable for children who are learning Irish as a first or additional language, or for Irish speakers learning English as an additional language. English translations are included and the accompanying audio CD will aid pronunciation.
Aimed at ages 3 - 6 (Early Years and Key Stage 1)
Paperback, 78pp, 210 x 270mm + Audio CD