This resource was designed with the topic of the Olympic Games in mind, but also for more general use in teaching "sport" and "European countries" themes after the event. It covers a wide range of language with lively interactive PowerPoint presentations, printable board and card games and activity sheets.
It is aimed at KS2 children (ages 7 - 11) and can be used in school, or for home-schooling or private use. The resource is ideal for specialist or non-specialist teachers as the CD does the teaching. The children will love the animations and the interactive games.
- Le Sport PowerPoint
- animated presentation of vocabulary
- fun interactive activities to practise listening, reading and speaking
- use of faire du/ jouer à
- Olympic Games section
- presentation of more sports
- interesting facts about the Olympics (in simple French) with comprehension questions (and answers)
- profile of famous athlete
- Les Pays d'Europe
- PowerPoint presentation of Western European countries, nationalities and flags
- en/au + country
- masculine & feminine nationalities
- fun interactive exercises
- Printable activity sheets
- 2 board games
- sports card games
- colours (flags)
- Reinforcement activities on colours, nationalities, faire/ jouer, negatives
- Teacher's Notes
Guidance for Use
Les Jeux Olympiques resource is a suitable resource for a non-specialist teacher and has been developed to use with KS2 (ages 7 - 11).